Monday, September 22, 2008

Humpty Dumpty ran down the hall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.




I don't usually refer to Owen as Humpty Dumpty...in fact, he's a pretty agile kid. But if he only has 1 hour of naptime and a really busy day, this kid becomes delirious. And he would fall and we would not be able to put him back together again! :)
Owen had just gotten out of the bath and we were winding down for the night. Greg was on the phone, talking football out in the living room and I was just about to hop on the computer. Owen was running back to his room and SMACK! He hit his head on the doorway of his room...I think!?! I didn't see it, but a bump that big and noticeable wasn't from just any part of a wall. All I heard was the crying and then, picked him up, examined him for blood and looked at his head to see the large emerging blue knot! It was only highlighted so because he was screaming like crazy! It had to have been right next to a vein or something because the more he cried, the worse it got! Poor kid. So I handed him off to Greg, grabbed the ice pack called the "boo-boo bunny"and proceeded to put it on his head. The ice was too cold and made him scream even more. I finally got him to sit on the couch and cuddle with me while he relaxed and allowed me to hold the boo-boo bunny on his forehead. We gave him some Motrin for the pain and he finally fell asleep on my chest. Just like the good 'ol days.
These pictures are from the next night...but you can definitely see the bruise on the left side of his head. The swelling has gone down significantly. He was showing off saying cheese then showed me his "cry face". Even though he has a "hurt" on his head, he is still in very good spirits.

No comments: