Sunday, September 25, 2011

One Year Later

I haven't forgotten about this blog. Life has just happened and the last thing on my mind is to post about it. In fact, I even made an attempt to start a journal for Owen...which is going to be a present to him on one of his birthdays when it will actually mean something to him. I want to keep up now that Owen is in "big kid school". It seems like life has just FLOWN by the past year and I don't even know where to start.
How about with a little recap:
OWEN
Owen is almost 5 now. He goes to Cubberley Elementary school in the TK (Transitional Kindergarten) program. He complains about having to go to school every day. It's only from 8:35 to 12:05 but he also goes to Kids Club after school. There are 14 or 15 boys in his class and 4 girls. That teacher is a saint. I couldn't imagine.
He's also started soccer in LBYSO. OMG this is probably the highlight of my Saturdays. It is SO freaking cute to watch these boys play! They are so passionate about the game and getting the ball. Yesterday's game was especially exciting. Owen had about 4 breakaways but not one ended in an actual goal, although they were very close. He's a fast little dude. And his teammates are fantastic. A few are clueless and you wonder what they are thinking, but for the most part they are all great little players. I love cheering on the Fireball Dragons.

GREG
Greg is working. That's pretty much his life. The shop is thriving. And he also has his podcast every Wednesday night that seems to be getting quite the following. He's "Dr. Duff Man". He's the entertainment. People love him. I totally get it. Other than that, he's trying to keep up our garden in the backyard. This time it's peppers: jalpenos, ghost something or other, jabaneros and serrano. He's crazy. But the best part was making the cuetes: cheese stuffed jalapenos, wrapped in bacon and rolled in a lil brown sugar. So yummy.

ME
I'm working a full time job again. But I actually like this job. The ONLY thing that pains me is the drive. I'm trekking to Irvine every day. Thankfully, I have hours that work with our schedule. I've gotten very familiar with the 405. And I also have a nice collection of audiobooks. Next up will be Italian.
I'm still trying to work my Stella & Dot business. I just can't get enough of it. I love the jewelry and I love sharing it with others. I have a team of about 12 ladies from Bakersfield to Maryland! Want to host a show...just ask!

As soon as I get the pictures from soccer, I'm going to post. My dad was kind enough to come and take pics of Owen yesterday. Can't wait to see them!

No comments: